Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Conner is Already Diving with Dad

This summer I started volunteering at our local Flint Riverquarium as a diver. The aquarium is unique in that it is open to the elements and is designed to simulate the Blue Hole Springs unique to FL and South GA. Anne and I dive in many of these springs.



As a member of the volunteer dive team, I get to put on dive shows for visitors, feed the fish, and do routine maintenance. It has been a lot of fun, and a way I can use my interests and experience to give back to the community.



At one of my first dives, Anne and Sho sho brought Conner to the aquarium to see the show. This was hopefully one of many dives that Conner and I do together in our life time.



I am not sure if his little eyes could focus through the glass distortion, but I would like to think that childhood memories like seeing dad diving at the aquarium will inspire his curiosity and sense of adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments.